Job Title: Algorithm Systems Engineer 3 or 4
Job Type: Full-time
Job Status: Interviewing
Date Posted: 01-05-2022
Company Address: CohesionForce, Inc.
Street: 101 Quality Circle
Suite: Suite 140
City: Huntsville, AL 35806
CohesionForce is actively seeking candidates for an Algorithm Systems Engineer to become part of the GMD Team in Huntsville, AL.
Modeling & Simulation Systems Engineers work in a collaborative, team-based environment to participate in an Agile software development workflow to support the GMD GS systems including daily scrums, tasks updates, and code peer reviews. Innovation and forward thinking are encouraged and we expect our engineers to take a high level of ownership throughout the software life cycle.
Technical Responsibilities include:
– Perform conformation analysis to establish that the software products meet requirements.
– Perform behavioral analysis: characterize the behavior of tactical products and/or candidate algorithms for tactical products.
– Perform casual analysis to understand WHY observed behaviors occurred.
– Maintain simulations of tactical products (when tactical products are updated, simulations need to be updated to match).
– Perform trade studies to evaluate candidate concepts for product improvement.
– Develop algorithms to enhance tactical product performance.
– Break down larger tasks into two week subtasks.
– Appropriately estimate size of tasks.
Leadership Responsibilities include:
– Manage overall task schedules, subtask schedules, and assignments.
– Status leadership on task progress.
This requisition may be filled as either a level 3 or a level 4.
– Principal Systems Engineer requires 5 Years of relevant experience with Bachelors of Science in a technical discipline; 3 Years with Master’s degree; 0 with PhD.
– Sr. Principal Systems Engineer requires 9 years of relevant experience with Bachelors of Science in a technical discipline , 7 years with a Masters degree, 4 years with PhD.
– Active secret clearance required and the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret Clearance.
– Demonstrated experience in one or more of the following areas; data analysis, performance analysis, or algorithm development.
– Ability to communicate technical information clearly to both technical and nontechnical personnel.
– High proficiency in technical problem solving.
– Knowledge of MATLAB or similar engineering tools used in prototyping algorithms.
– Excellent interpersonal and team collaboration skills.
– Proven track record of successfully integrating problem solutions into a larger system.
– Extensive background in Ballistic Missile Defense, midcourse missile defense, battle management, threat state processing, weapon target assignment.
– Capable of performing assigned tasks with very little or no direction.
– Capability to read and understand the Ada programming language.
– Attention to detail.
– General understanding of any or all of the following algorithm domains; track processing, track reporting, discrimination, sensor resource management.
– Demonstrated communications skills with armed services and government customers.
– Experience applying advanced mathematical concepts, (Numerical Analysis, Linear Algebra, Probability/Statistics) to complex problems and solutions.
– Experience developing algorithms in a MATLAB environment.
– Successful performance of root cause analysis of large complex software systems.
– Exposure to the Agile Development Lifecycle.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org