Job Title: Safety Systems Engineer
Job Type: Full-time
Job Status: Interviewing
Date Posted: 03-02-2022
Company Address: CohesionForce, Inc.
Street: 101 Quality Circle
Suite: Suite 140
City: Huntsville, AL 35806
CohesionForce is actively seeking Safety Systems Engineering candidates to become part of our team in Huntsville, AL to support the Ground-Based Midcourse Defense (GMD) program.
The Safety Systems Engineer will be responsible for establishing, balancing, and integrating stakeholders’ goals, purpose and success criteria, and defining customer needs, operational concept and required functionality. You will work in multi-disciplined teams in a highly collaborative environment.
In this position you will be responsible for:
– Independently develop System Safety documents such as the System Safety Program Plan (SSPP), Software System Safety Program Plan (SwSSPP), and Safety Assessments reports (SAR).
– Perform audits and report the effectiveness of the system safety program.
– Work in a classified environment to analyze software requirements, capabilities, code, and tests with a safety focus.
– Generate MIL-STD-882E analysis including Preliminary Hazard Analysis, Functional Hazard Analysis, Subsystem.
– Hazard Analysis, System Requirements Hazard Analysis, etc.
– Develop SW test cases to satisfy safety requirements.
– Document hazard analysis and test results in a Hazard Tracking System.
– The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, and collaborative/team settings across all levels.
– Principal Safety Systems Engineer requires a Bachelor’s degree in an engineering, science, or technology degree with 5 years of experience, or a Master’s degree in a related field with 3 years of experience.
– Sr. Principal Safety Systems Engineer requires a Bachelor’s degree in an engineering, science, or technology degree with 9 years of experience, or a Master’s degree in a related field with 7 years of experience.
– Demonstrated experience in one or systems safety engineering job functions as described above.
– Develop analysis products in support of the Safety Assessment Report (SAR) including a Functional Hazard Analysis (FHA).
– Analyze requirements at all levels within the system to identify or create safety critical requirements, and assign appropriate critically index and level of rigor to SW requirements.
– Ability to generate MIL-STD-882E type analyses.
– Documenting hazards, hazard analysis, and verifications in a Hazard Tracking System.
– Developing test cases to satisfy safety requirements.
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
– The ability to travel 10% of the time.
– US Citizenship and Interim Secret clearance.
– Missile Defense experience.
– Experience reviewing code for application of safety best coding practices.
– Experience performing functions such as installing, repairing, inspecting, overhauling, adjusting, aligning, rigging, and calibrating military structures, systems, and components preferred.
– Experience with the following: MIL-STD-882E System Safety; MIL-STD-1472 Human Engineering, MIL-HDBK-454 General Guideline for Electronic Equipment; OSHA health Standard; MIL-STD-1901A; AMCOM Policy 385-17.
– 5+ years using model-based approaches and tools with experience in UML and DoDAF.
– Experience using DOORS as a part of an integrated systems engineering process that includes system safety engineering.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org